Does anyone actually does their Main Shopping at Screwfix?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by wau5, Sep 16, 2016.

1. wau5

wau5 Active Member

For me it's toolstation for 95% of the things, and very very rarely screwfix if the toolstation doesn't have the item or in the right size even the 2 shops are exactly 30secound drive from each other.

what I hate about the screwfix:
    -terrible website, the search function is just knackered, just throws up a random item not a list of items that matches my search.
    -the website is unusable on a mobile device, and you aren't able to even browse the website version on mobile.
    -prices on EVERYTHING is more expensive, whatever it's few pence or few £ , the items are always cheaper in toolstation
    -the checkout process isn't as streamlined as in toolstation, If you just want to quickly go in and grab an item you can't do that..You must stand in some weird que and than at the till must provide all your data which just takes time,if you don't want to provide your data they must get some higher-position to enter some code to bypass that,again takes extra time, most of the time I don't have the extra time to go and chat to the clerk , I just need my damn item.
    -no free coffee/beverage ( although that's just a nice bonus at the other place not a necessity)

I can see a huge resamblance of B&Poo in screwfix since they took it over..not in a good way of course.

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Get a "Cash Account" with a tag for your key ring. One swipe is all it takes to get started.

My local branches have cakes and biscuits as well as coffee!

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What branches, I hop around about five branches & have never seen bickies or cake.:(

4. Working On It

Working On It Member

Does anyone actually does their Main Shopping at Screwfix?

No because I can't get bread or milk from them...

Pollowick and Astramax like this.
  5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes but the Chicken always out of stock. :(:(:(:(:(

6. Owain

Owain Member

Mine is next door to a Greggs. Not free, but tasty.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

So if you hate screwfix why come on here and ***** about it - I am sure you would be more welcome at TrollsRus

8. Pollowick

Outer West London!

9. wau5

wau5 Active Member

So if you hate my post why come on here and ***** about it - I am sure you would be more welcome at TrollsRus

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Wow a Troll that can copy what someone has written.....

May be if I post some English lessons (basic of course) you could copy them and may learn something ???

11. Phil the Paver

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

13. wau5

wau5 Active Member

Please stop trolling us mate! Not funny anymore...

14. Phil the Paver

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Yer it is.

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

have you not realised that you are the Troll - or is your English that bad we need to simplify it for you further ???

16. wau5

wau5 Active Member

Calm Down Boyo with your trolling...
    Do we need to call your Mother?

17. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

I am using them more and more, mainly because i do a lot of plumbing repairs and also electrical work. They aren't always cheap but end to have what I need and time faffing around to save a few quid is often time wasted. I have tried tool station but only because I needed to match a particular MCB, I found them awful. There were two of us in a queue [no tea or biccys] and the two guys serving just ignored us!

18. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

I get a fair amount of stuff. Like has been said, they're not the cheapest but they are very convenient and I know if there is a problem with anything they'll get it sorted / replaced straight away. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for good service.

19. wau5

wau5 Active Member

If someone from screwfix is reading this, fix your god damn website, has been down for like 2days, hasn't been all that fast before as well.
    needed some items..couldn't get them because your website is down.again..and in your catalog there aren't all the items/have different prices etc.. had to go to toolstation to get them..

also your item quality sometimes worries(not sometimes but most of the time...) , let me describe past 6 purchases in order that I remember.

6. radiator- box opened, tatty, not even packaged up properly someone must have had returned it,small marks on it, had to fit it anyway as didnt had time. so paid a new price for an used radiator...
    5. some drill bits- has been fine.
    4. ventilation fan- the box was dirty, took it to car ,opened and lo and behold, unit all scratched up/dented/and full of red brick dust, someone had fitted it & returned it.. if you accept returns in that state of condition Please don't sell them on, got exchanged without questions however.
    3.some screws/other bits- has been fine
    2. door handle/lock , took it to car to double check and yup , center pin missing, faulty item, got exchanged without questions as well.
    1. plaster trowel , the women who had no will to work there brought it to me and it was all wet and the surface had already started to rust.. what the hell.. asked if she got another one, of course she doesn't have another one even I saw they had 3 in stock.. Had to take it, clean myself up as needed it.

PATHETIC!!!!

20. Pollowick

No problems with the website over the past few days - have visited it several times.

Website and catalogue prices are the same - provided you compare te right pair. If you have a Plumbfix or Electricfix account then there are separate catalogues with lower prices and these are on the website provided you are logged in.

philthespark likes this.