Door electromechanical locks power supply principle

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by BradleyJn, Apr 29, 2015.

1. BradleyJn

BradleyJn New Member

Hi everybody,

Recently at the securityhive dot com I faced with an advertisment of electromechanical locks which are powered through contacts in the dedbolt and a door frame:
    [​IMG]
    I have intuitive feeling that something's wrong with this principle. When I look at the plug above I see bending issues. Am I wrong?

2. Yurkovets

Yurkovets New Member

Contacts reliably can’t get rusted as they are made of stainless steel of AISI 304 type. This type of steel is not only moisture resistant, but also resistant to different chemical agents.

BradleyJn likes this.
  3. Hi Bradley.

Surely either the contact pins in the door frame plate or the contact receivers in the lock mechanism are spring-loaded and retract when engaged?

BradleyJn likes this.
  4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Why would there be "bending issues" ? The bolt on the lock can only move in one direction (in towards the contacts)

BradleyJn likes this.
  5. Yurkovets

Yurkovets New Member

Surely the contacts in the door frame are spring-loaded. You may see it at 00:01:22:

Locking bolt and contact group mismatch in strike plate in horizontal direction is technically impossible due to the fact that the maximum unilateral split between strike plate and locking bolt is 0,9 mm. Therefore, maximum possible locking bolt shift in horizontal direction is 0,9 mm, both to the left and to the right side, while the allowable shift with electric contact keeping is 1,5 mm. Mismatch in vertical direction is impossible if all the certificate requirements are followed at the assembly. Accuracy of striking plate adjustment regarding locking bolt in vertical direction is to be ±1,5 mm (1,5 mm, both up and down) and the split between front plate and strike plate is to be 2,5±1,5 mm. After all, it should be noted that incorrect installation can disturb operation of any equipment, not only of electromechanical locks.

BradleyJn likes this.
  6. BradleyJn

BradleyJn New Member

I haven't seen this video before. At the locks page at the manufacturer website and from the picture below one can't see that the contacts in the door frame are spring controlled. Thanks, Yurkovets.

7. Yurkovets

Yurkovets New Member

Not at all. For the further questions I would recommend to ask the manufacturer directly: https://www.perco.com/contacts.php