Door linings with glass over the top?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Drc200, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Drc200

Drc200 Member

Hi, can anyone tell me how the above is created? Can you buy a door lining with a transom ( is that the name of it?) or do you fit a door lining and add the glass framing?

Your help would be appreciated, I have looked at howdens and jewson and had no luck As yet.

2. catwezal

catwezal New Member

You need to buy door lining sections of timber and make these yourself, and yes it is called a transom which has to be jointed approx. 15 mm higher than your door and desired beads to be fitted accordingly. To be honest most people have these remove as they are old fashioned sorry about that probably not what you wanted to hear.

3. Drc200

Drc200 Member

Thank you for your reply, it's for my sister, they are after a transom above a bedroom door to give a little light on the landing.

I know they are a bit old hat but it's for practicality. I assumed it would be available as a door lining kit. Guess I just want an easy life!

Will make one up myself then