Dulux Bathroom paint or Dulux Trade Diamond Matt for bathroom?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Ardent, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Ardent

Ardent Member

Hi all,
    I normally use Dulux Trade paint on all my "regular" walls/rooms, and it goes the furthest and gives the best finish.
    Dulux Trade don't have a specific bathroom paint, the have their "Diamond Matt" range which can be used for bathrooms. Can anyone advise if this would be the better option to paint my bathroom, or go with regular Dulux Bathroom?
    I'm looking fore a light grey paint for the walls and a white ceiling, if that makes any difference?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Dulux Diamond Eggshell. eggshell paint being the choice for areas of high humidity and steam. Bathroom paint is the same as eggshell but sells better under that name for retail purposes.

3. Ardent

Ardent Member

Is it really the same as the Bathroom paint? Prices for the Dulux Bathroom paint seem much cheaper than Diamond Eggshell...
    What type of areas is the Diamond Matt suitable for, then? How does the Diamond eggshell compare to the Diamond matt? does it have more of a sheen to it?

Thanks for your help.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yes it has a mild sheen to the same level as 'Bathroom Paint' the Diamond range is a Dulux Trade paint which is far superior to the Dulux retail range. For more detailed information refer to the Dulux website to view the product Data sheets.

Dulux Endurance is the retail version of Dulux Trade Diamond.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016