Dulux non-drip gloss pure brilliant white drying problems

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by mc_hawkings24, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mc_hawkings24

mc_hawkings24 New Member

Hi right now ive never had a problem with dulux paint before but i have now.
    I did some work on a house and dulux was supplied, i applied it to all the wood work in the house. Now coming back two weeks later and bearing in mind this was summer time and it was very hot so shouldve dried but it was still tacky like it had been painted the day before. I thought maybe this was a one off dodgy batch but My parents bought a tin of the same without me knowing and it did the same remained tacky. Another time in this last week to my annoyance i was given the same paint but then im not going to put my hand in my pocket and buy something else for a customer so i thought ohwell. I painted a set of kitchen doors and well what do you know its tacky yet again and this is going by a door i painted a week ago in a normal temperature house.

Who else has experienced this type of problem?

2. NEEDAJOINTMAN

NEEDAJOINTMAN New Member

dont you mean pure drip non gloss brilliant

3. screwfix

screwfix Guest

look,the poor guy's lookin for an answer an' all you do is * add another useless comment.....

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

4. Bod1

Bod1 Member

No I haven't had that problem, but then again I largely use crown solo. I was once given some waterbased homebase cack gloss to paint, since then i've always supplied materials so I can be in control. I also use Dulux/Crown trade as i know I get more support if there are problems. Sorry no solution but advice nontheless

5. TonyMihaylov

TonyMihaylov New Member

1.take old paint off
    2.clean well
    3.put primer
    4.now put dulux non-drip gloss
    no problem in 24h if temp. is 25degr.

6. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

Hi Mac,

Look on the cans to check if solvent based VOC compliant product.

7. Oliviasdad

Oliviasdad New Member

Oliviasdad..exactly the same problem with crown non drip BW still tacky three weeks on indoors and warm conditions. Looks lovely till you touch it.soft and not getting any better. It's on every surface from door to skirting and I papered after so stripping it's going to be a nightmare. Anybody had the stuff dry or harden after this long ? I'd like to leave it if there's any hope it will

8. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

My father used it about 2 years ago, Against my advice. It took months to fully dry and harden. In as much time it also went yellow, Very yellow.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Non-drip. Do not stir. Wrong.

That is my theory. I think the curing agents have sunk and it needs stirring. Had a year-old tin that took days to dry. Stirred it, coated over the not-quite-dried and it dried properly.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

Rulland likes this.
  10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Probably wants painting again as the post is 4 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

They cant, it's still wet!!!!!!!!.

12. ha ha

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015