Edging kerbs

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Gaz12445, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Gaz12445

Gaz12445 New Member

so iam about to lay some block pave edging from the bottom of my drive up the slope to the house. i wont be laying block paving , just using the kerbs to seperate the lawn to the drive. to get the finished top edge of the kerb to the required height it will mean building up the level to which the kerb will sit on , my question is , is it best to dig a footing , lay some blocks / bricks then concrete the kerb onto these resulting in the correct height, or just bed directly onto a pile of concrete ?... i would guess in places i need the kerb sitting 12 - 18" higher than the ground currently is ?

Read more: http://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/laying-block-pave-edging-kerbs.467369/#ixzz4LMNfXJzp

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If it's that high build a small retaining wall instead

3. Gaz12445

Gaz12445 New Member

ok,, and then lay the kerb on top to the required height ?

4. Phil the Paver

No just build a wall and be done with it.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

The kerbs won't cut your tyres up like the bricks would!

I'd have deep enough kerbs to set them in the concrete. Have your blocks(set with mortar) finish on top of the concrete at the edge.

So the kerb is 100mm higher than the block top, block and mortar 70mm, so concrete set at 170mm from top of kerb.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. Phil the Paver

Learn to drive and you won't have a problem. :D

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

You got to allow for the wife!

:oops:

Mr. HandyAndy - Really