Electric Charging Point Certification

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dale76uk, Jul 3, 2014.

?

Do you think I had the grounds to complain?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

My brother in law has just had an Electric Charging Point installed. I've looked over the certificate issued and there seems to be a lot of information omitted. So, I have called the company concerned and they said I was being 'petty', what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I would check those test results out. Ze 0.35. Zs 0.2. Yeah, righto. And I agree that the information is light. No RCD tests for example.

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Maybe he got em the wrong way round:cool:

4. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

His measured Ze was 0.20 and max measured Zs was 0.23, what's wrong with that?

5. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

Think I found 27 things either omitted or incorrect. :confused:

6. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

I agree there's a lot of info missing Dale but his figures seem to be ok.

dale76uk likes this.
  7. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Nowt, I was going on UPs reply, Then I looked at the certs myself:)

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I was going by the Nature of Supply Parameters where Ze (External Earth Fault Loop Impedance) is listed as 0.35 ohms and underneath it says measured Ze = 0.20 ohms. I've put my glasses on now. He is using standard numbers. 16kA PFC. 0.35 ohms Ze. He should measure both and record both. No excuse on a simple circuit. If he measured Ze as 0.2 the PFC will be 1.15kA. Measured Zs is 0.23. R1+R2 is 0.03. So the circuit length for a 2.5mm2 T&E would be around 1.53m. Fair enough.

9. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

No UP, in that nature of supply parameters section it's correct to use the standard figures of 0.80 tns, 0.35 tncs, or 21 ohms TT.

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Ok mate. :)

11. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Hi Dale,
    On a side note, did your brother have this outlet fitted as part of the new car deal? i.e organised by the car dealer? Wonder how much they charged for that?

12. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

I see he has put U as 230V and Uo left blank. Surely U should be left blank (as it is a single-phase installation) and Uo (nominal voltage to Earth) should have been 230V.

13. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

No UP, in that nature of supply parameters section it's correct to use the standard figures of 0.80 tns, 0.35 tncs, or 21 ohms TT.
    For single phase both U and Uo go down as 230v.

14. Unitedsparks

Unitedsparks New Member

Test results look fine, but the test sheet is not filled in correctly, would not want to be using that for a nic eic assessment, bit lazy maybe?

Beefstu likes this.
  15. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

My point is Uo has been left blank.

But U cannot be 230V as it is the nominal voltage between phases, which clearly does not exist on a single-phase supply and therefore should be recorded as "N/A".

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

U is voltage between lines. The line voltage is 230V therefore it is correct. How many certs have you filled in with U=N/A then Risteard? Uo is nominal line voltage to earth, 230V again.

17. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Thanks UP, I was beginning to doubt myself for a moment, although i'm sure that it would have been picked-up on one of my many annual nic assessments by now!

18. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

That's poor. If that certificate was one that the inspector flicked through when doing the annual inspection, they would be getting non-compliances on their annual report.

Beefstu likes this.
  19. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

But you only have one line. If you had more than one line then the voltage between them would be 400V, not 230V. So it is not applicable.

dale76uk likes this.
  20. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You carry on mate. Everyone else fills in 230V. If you want to put n/a, then that's entirely up to you.