Electric shower / rainforest shower head

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by M Whitfield, Jul 29, 2014.

1. M Whitfield

M Whitfield New Member

I see all the literature / websites advertising rainforest shower heads magically appearing out of the ceiling, but they never appear to be connected to an electric shower. Vice versa, I see electric shower literature and they always have a hose coming out the bottom of the shower unit on the wall to a mundane shower head.

Is it at all possible to (somehow - copper / plastic) connect an electric shower unit on the wall to a rainforest shower head mounted to the ceiling? Surely in this day and age someone has produced a kit that can screw on to a the electric shower unit and run the pipe subsurface up into the ceiling and then connect on to the rain forest shower head - or not?

Regards

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I would suspect it's down to the volume of water you get out of an electric shower, may mean it's more of a light drizzle rather than rain forest.

I'm sure you could get a capable plumber to do the piping for you if you really want to give it a try, have you tried talking to any local plumbers to see if they want the job?

3. As Craig says - these 'rainheads' have large holes so's you get drownded. If you were to fit one of these to an electric shower, you would just be dribbled on :(.

Leccy showers just can't provide the necessary flow.

In theory it can be done, but you'd need to find a showerhead with teeny, tiny holes.

4. M Whitfield

M Whitfield New Member

Many thanks.