Energer ENB623SDR Sheet Sander 230-240V

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by t45, Mar 28, 2017.

1. t45

t45 New Member

Hello,

I purchased the energer sander (13.99) and have started using it - i am new to sanding – i have a few questions and was hoping someone could advise me:

1. The sander comes with a sheet of sand paper – where can i purchase replacements

2. I have sanded paint off one wall and the sand paper no longer sticks to the self-adhesive base- is this normal? I only used it for about 30 minutes and it no longer has stickabikity!

3. There is a plate to mount sand sheets without using the self-adhesive base – can anyone explain how I upload these sheets!

4. Can I attach a vacuum to it to collect dust?

5. Is there a good sanding technique (ie straight lines, circles, specific shapes etc)?
    Im no expert at sanding and this is my first project – i have started to sand paint off walls to get a smooth finish – can anyone recommend what grit paper I should use for this – coarse or fine?

The sander seemed to work fine and i hope it will do the job removing paint on doors and window sill.

Any suggestions on how to use this sander effectively and any ideas about replacement sheets and how to manually load them (as the self-adhesive seems to have gone so soon!)

Many thanks!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It has clamp fittings to hold paper, as to suitablepaper grit 120 is fine, 240 is very fine, 80 medium & 60 course.

And use a 90mm wide paper.

TS sells a 93mm x 230mm sanding sheets pack, you can buy rolls of 93mm paper which is what I do for my makita, will find linky

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Velcro pads don't last long and come off. You need loads. I buy the best fit sheets I can but sometimes have to make holes in the sanding sheets to line up with base. I made attachment up using what I can find from vacuum attachments. Also universal attachments on eBay for a few quid that help.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

This firm stocks the german KWB aluminium oxide abrasive 50mtr 93mm rolls, but does not sell to the public, if you contact them, they will give you a stockist.

Have emailed them today asking whether they think of having a Ebay shop, so you could also mention this.

http://www.diamondjack.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_525_533_536

Another maker of 93mm aluminium oxide abrasive is Starcke of Germany, but I can't find UK stockist.:(

Grades as below:

25400 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P40

25401 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P60

25402 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P80

25403 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P100

25404 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P120

25405 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P150

25406 93mm x 50M Alox 1 P180

25407 93mm x 50M Alox1 P240

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017