Experienced plumber needs qualifications?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by toekneer4, May 24, 2009.

1. Oh NO NOT AGAIN

Oh NO NOT AGAIN New Member

Hallbeck your wasting your time, the likes of Dick Puller are dinosaurs. He has even started to spout on about wood! The nearest this individual has got to wood is the fact that he is one big NOB.

2. mudhut

mudhut New Member

usual long thread then. to those of you who spend soooooo much time on here trying to score points off each other, grow up.

3. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

What about shrinkage & shakes using green oak??

Shakes don't weaken the timber and timber in the round is significantly stronger than sawn.

There is shrinkage wtih green oak - but it can be accomodated. Theres enough shrinkage in white wood anyway!

4. billneely

billneely New Member

leave the wood to the joiners is what i say .i couldnt tell one kind from another. Ill just bang my pipes and search for gas escapes keeps me going.

5. Switcher

Switcher New Member

killbill strikes again........

6. mudhut

mudhut New Member

shrinkage in the length of timber is minimal anyway. anything built using green oak structurally is so way, way over spec`ed that shakes, warp, twist and crooks make absolutely no difference. anything modern framed from green oak however will have a thousand and one decorative issues far a couple of years after finishing, like cracked plaster and gaps in flooring etc - especially if the heating is whacked right up to the max. this is the main reason why DRY marked softwoods are specified in regular construction, to prevent unsightly decorative issues and to make it easier for all the follow up trades to get on with it without having to work round a bit of movement. why then do framers use green oak? cost, tradition and have you ever tried morticing a lump of truly seasoned oak?! anyway, to properly season oak takes rather more than a blast of the kiln, and is best done by old father time.

oh, also, what qualifications does an experienced plumber need to work for BG? i guess a BA in BS would do it.

7. Oh NO NOT AGAIN

Oh NO NOT AGAIN New Member

Dear Dick please accept my apologies for implying you are a NOB, typo error, with the posting and all that talk of timber meant KNOT. Silly me anyway I know you wont have taken it personally.

Because You know as well as me you are the biggest NOB not only on this forum but in the UK.

8. Oh NO NOT AGAIN.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN. New Member

..afetr me that is.

I am No1 Knob!

9. Oh NO NOT AGAIN.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN. New Member

numero uno knobber moi!

10. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

It makes no difference - wood grows again within a reasonable timespan................How long does it take for an oak tree to grow to a size that could be felled & a workable size?? 50 years 100 years??

Green oak will shrink enough to make the whole construction off level, a purlin can twist enough to make the whole roof sag.

Your are not old enough to see the results of your construction in green oak.

11. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Green oak will shrink enough to make the whole construction off level, a purlin can twist enough to make the whole roof sag.

Your are not old enough to see the results of your construction in green oak.

Green oak MAY shrink enough to change levels - but proper design is used to allow for this.

I am indeed not old enough to see the results of my green oak construction. But i am smart enough to know that i can go and look at oak framed Elizabethan houses to see that some of the oldest propertiesin the UK have oak frames.

I work on the idea that if what i build lasts for 500 years then the client will be happy.

So Dick - how many plumbing jobs do you do that have a potential 500 yr lifespan and use sustainable materials?

12. wettneck

wettneck New Member

Hallballs take it from me,your getting to be a boring ****,go join those other two boring tw@ts.

13. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Hallballs take it from me,your getting to be a boring ****,go join those other two boring tw@ts.

I didn't realise you were such a deep and fascinating person. I always had you down as a ********.

14. wettneck

wettneck New Member

Like i said,a boring **** :^O

15. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Like i said - a ********, reviled by his peers, shunned by his family and taunted by small children in the street.

16. wettneck

wettneck New Member

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz boring,boring *

[Edited by: admin]

17. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Like i forgot to say - unimaginative and somewhat slow witted, a danger to himself in many ways

18. wettneck

wettneck New Member

Do us a favour numbnuts,* off to the Builders forum and bore them,this is a Plumbers forum as your obviously not.

19. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

I see your learning difficulties are rearing their ugly head again.

It is you're not "your".

If you have any other grammatical issues i will be happy to help.

20. wettneck

wettneck New Member

Enlighting me as to whether I,ve spelled your name correctly.* :^O :^O