External window sill corner cracked - can it be replaced or covered?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by NicolaMc, Apr 2, 2015.

1. NicolaMc

NicolaMc New Member

Hello
    My porch window sill corner is broken off. I reckon something has fallen off the roof at some point or it has been broken during the renovations. I had this bright idea that I could get a corner piece cap type thing and adhere one on each corner. Now I know this would be slightly raised up but it would be a feature! It seemed the simplest and cheapest way I can repair it. The corner is off completely but its broken to about 2" either side of the corner at the very most. Its not a problem just looks a mess.
    I realise such caps.corners dont exist or i cant find any on the web if they do. Ive read various things on the web and realise the window has to come out to replace the sill. Since the entire house is a 'project' its not something I am prioritising

Does anyone know of a way I could remotely fix this without removing the window? If not it will have to remain longer and offend the neighbours a bit more!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A photo would be useful.

3. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Is this a concrete or plastic sill you are referring to ??

4. NicolaMc

NicolaMc New Member

sorry its a upvc window it was put in before i bought the house so i reckon its around 10 years old. The sill is upvc and it stands on a brick wall. I will take a picture in the morning

5. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Without knowing the measurements, you might be lucky to get a piece of UPVC window sill & be able to stick it on top of yhr existing sill.

That said will know more after seeing the pic