Extractor ducting distance

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by candoabitofmoststuff, Dec 29, 2014.

1. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Folks,

I'm shortly to fit a new kitchen at home... planning is finished and cabinets ordered.
    Still to pick anciliaries, (sink, tap,tiles, etc..)

This includes the extractor, which will be of the "chimney" type.

Hob is going in a different place to original, but extraction to the same hole in the wall.
    This will mean a straight run of pretty much exactly 3 metres.
    There will be two right angle joins, right turn at top of extractor, the a left turn out through the wall.

I'm thinking of something like this;
    http://www.johnlewis.com/neff-d67b21n0gb-chimney-cooker-hood-stainless-steel/p931299

Volume of kitchen is approx 20 cubic meters, open plan into dining room of about the same area... so that's 40 cubic metres in total

In terms of this ducting distance, (3 metres), do I need to be concerned about the "power" of the extractor? I can't find this info anywhere?

Thanks,

Regards,
    Cando

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

cooker hoods have centrifugal fans , which are ok over that distance. hope that helps ur plans

3. candoabitofmoststuff

Thanks for that!
    Regards,
    Cando

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

This extractor requires 150mm dia ducting. I usually fit galvanized spiral ducting.

5. candoabitofmoststuff

Thanks...
    It won't necessarily be that exact one... but something like it.
    I won't have the exact details until sometime in Feb1

regards,

Cando.