Extractor Hood required for STEAM extraction

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by hgfdsa, Apr 25, 2016.

1. hgfdsa

hgfdsa New Member

Hello,

I bought and fitted this hood from Screwfix:
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/chx90ss-cooker-chimney-hood-stainless-steel-900mm/94753

To cut a long story short when the motor is running and there are pans on the hob, condensation forms on the motor and drips down onto the hob.

I contacted the manufacturers and spoke to their technical support. We discussed how it had been installed (it vents outside) and agreed that it had been installed correctly and I was told it was "working" correctly and as expected. I was told several times by the company that the problem was that the item "hadn't been designed for steam extraction."

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of whether this is acceptable or even correct, what I need to know is: what is the cheapest extractor hood which will definitely extract steam? Not necessarily from Screwfix, but anywhere. It has to be good at extracting steam.

Can anyone provide any make and model which will definitely do the job please? Ideally I would like a 900mm model.