Fault finding Ravenheat CSI Primary

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by royster, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Angela

Angela New Member

cool, whats your username and password (poor plumber asking)

2. doitall

doitall New Member

thescruff ******

3. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

so you're a CORGI reg. engineer who approves of
    DIYers working on gas pipes and appliances?

The law is the law. What we think is irrelevant. You only need to be Corgi registered if making money. A competent non-Corgi person can fit gas anywhere as long as they are not being paid.

They should have done the same with electricity instead of Part P.

4. Angela

Angela New Member

feel free.....

5. daka

daka New Member

can anyone help with this (please dont start the corgi debate again)
    ravenheat csi primary, have pilot ignition but lockout on main flame, i.e main flame fails to ignite. condensate trap empty. any ideas?
    thanks.

6. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Is it not the definition of competent we need here. As I understand it you can only be competent if you hold a valid ACS qualification for the appliance you are working on. How else can you be deemed officially competent??

ACS is the competent persons scheme so once complete and you want to gain financially you must be registered with CORGI. So working in your own home you need ACS right but not necessarily CORGI registration.

7. daka

daka New Member

have this sorted now, for reff it was a faulty condensate trap sensor, trap was empty and clear but is a know fault on this boiler, have bypassed it for now awaiting new part, thanks.

8. hearbear

hearbear New Member

How did you bypass the trap as this sounds just like the same fault I have?

9. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

Is it not the definition of competent we need here.
    As I understand it you can only be competent if you
    hold a valid ACS qualification for the appliance you
    are working on. How else can you be deemed officially
    competent?

This has been discussed endlessly before on this forum & what you understand is irrelevant. You don't have to be deemed officially competent as a DIY'er, you just have to complete the job sucessfully & not cause any problems.

It's no good going on about this being unsatisfactory, that's the way it is & we have to live with it until the relevant authorities decide to change the rulas.

10. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

Rules even. Forgot the spell check.