FItting a cupboard around a free standing washing machine

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by gazza2, Aug 30, 2006.

1. gazza2

gazza2 New Member

Can anyone let me know what size unit is used to provide a home for a free standing washing machine.

Does it fit into a normal 600mm cupboard ( back removed) so that the door can shut on the front ?

what do the pro's do ??

thanks

2. reginst

reginst New Member

you cannot put a free standing washer into a 600 unit, as the internal size of most 600 units is 560.
    what you have to do is make up a 700 space then use a 300 and a 400 door to cover the washer.

justjim

3. plumbob squarepants

plumbob squarepants New Member

Some manufacturers do 350mm wide doors. Looks much better.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

....and you'll be lucky if you can get the machine back far enough with all the pipework behind, to have doors fitted.

Mr. HandyAndy - really

5. gazza2

gazza2 New Member

Cheers guys lots of food for thought - back to the drawing board

6. !!

!! Active Member

If it's between 2 units leave a 605mm space (measure front and back) and use these hinges, as the link sugests they are for sharing carcasses ideal in this situation

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/Products_hc/Blum Slide On Cabinet Hinge Twin Application 100 Degree Sprung for 2 Doors 1 Carcass<u>12-043-R_43611</u>7873.aspx

7. !!

!! Active Member

oh and them whack on a 600 door

8. cubekitchens.co.uk

cubekitchens.co.uk New Member

You really cant do this.  To do it properly I'd use to 350 doors (346x715mm for standard uk cabs) with 700 deep worktops, you need to allow for the plinth to run below the doors too.  If you're having made to measure doors the you can go as small as 336x715mm, you'll need space either side of the washer to fix hinges, and also need a rail on the top for the doors to fix on to.

any problems let me know.

9. big all

big all Screwfix Select

heeelllooo and welcome cubeman
    thank you for your imput although i suspect they will be on a new  wm by now lol
    really pleased  your not here to spam