Fixing speedfit T to old pipe work?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by baronjim, Jun 29, 2015.

1. baronjim

baronjim New Member

Is it OK to fit JG Speedfit PEM0215WP Plastic Equal Tee (Dia)15 mm, to old copper pipe, when the pipe has discoloured over time or do you have to do any prep work first?

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

just clean with wire wool to remove any lumps of paint, the discolour won't matter,

FatHands likes this.
  3. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Good advice but don't use wire wool these days. Horrible stuff, little bits get painfully everywhere and the bits are so small you cannot see them and irritate like anything.
    Go to the BES site and check out product codes 13472 and 21995

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Girl its Friday is right, We old skool plumbers ( as people like to call me) have been using steel wool since Moses was around and our wives used brillo pads to clean pans( mine still does), but now niether of us can walk past a magnet without feeling an attraction to want to go near it, those other products are probably far better for the ♪♫ hands that do dishes can feel soft as you face♪♫ type persons, or wear gloves,and a hard hat and maybe steel toe boots Too :oops:

5. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Know what you mean TP, but we've moved on with the times.

We have a dish washer now (haven't told the wife, only use it when its my turn to wash up).

But the abrasive strips are so much quicker and cleaner and do a far better job. Also no danger of tiny bits of metal to adhere unseen on your joints, only to rust out and cause a leak.

But we don't wear hard hats in peoples homes. ;)

6. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

I dunno my little boy bumps his head quite a lot maybe he should