flexi pipe bore

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by michele, Aug 18, 2014.

1. michele

michele New Member

I recently had a new basin unit with mixer tap fitted to my bathroom. Two weeks later the flexi pipe snapped just below thread to tap. Major disaster followed and upon investigation by reputable plumber informed me the bore wall was too thin, also the opinion from a council building surveyor. Could you tell me what is the correct wall thickness of these pipes, (this was the hot tap) as it does look rather thin for a lot of pressure to hold (looks roughly .5 mm without putting a vernier on it)?
    Thanks

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Where did the flexi's come from,were they supplied with the basin tap?

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

We're they WRAS approved?

The cold supply would be mains pressure so could have more pressure than the Hot?

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is it possible that when the plumber tightened the nut that they kinked the inner hose?

5. michele

michele New Member

id assume it was WRAS approved, but i have just measured the wall thickness with a vernier gauge and it was .4 mm thick. There is no sign of any kink in the pipe. They come from Tecaz, supplied with the basin and tap.

6. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You've just been unlucky I guess Michele,it does happen now and again.