FloPlast PE-X Barrier Pipe use with jg fitting

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tom25, May 20, 2015.

1. tom25

tom25 New Member

hi all new to the forum so please be kind :),, i want to use floplast pe-x barrier pipe to install a garden tap, i have a few jg speedfit fitting left over from another project and was wondering if i can use this pipe with the jg fitting thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Fittings are not meant to be interchangeable between different manufacturers systems.

Might not connect/ seal properly, & you'll get a leak.

FatHands likes this.
  3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

KIAB's answer is the one which JG or floplast will give you if the worst happens andd you try to claim compy for damages, personally I'd have no quarms at all using JG fitting and floplast pipe, mind you I would not do it the otherways, floplast fitting on JG pipe, cos I don't trust floplast fittings, I'll use any pipe because its all munufactures to be 15mm outside dia, which is the important thing, I trust JG fittings and hep20 fittings, all the rest I avoid,

FatHands likes this.
  4. tom25

tom25 New Member

thanks, i have used the jg fittings on many jobs around the house with no problems or leaks, i just seen the floplast on offer and thought nice little job over bank hoilday and as i have all the fitting even better, will the jg inserts fit the floplast pipe as well then or would i have to use floplast inserts

5. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Oh how I do hate push fit :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its the most unsightly form of plumbing ever invented, even the copper stuff looks bad.
    Its only redeming factor is it can get you out of trouble in a tight spot.
    But this does not counter the fact that it causes more problems than not, only the other day on a refurb job they pulled the celing down and there it was, half the house had been modified in Hep 2o. Not much use when your an hours drive from the nearest merchant and you dont carry all the differnt makes of push fit.

It should be outlawed:mad:
    It should be banned:mad:
    Let the mice eat it:D
    Bring back copper:)

Wow glad I got that off my chest;)

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

tom25, use the flowplast insets, although all pipe has 15mm outside diamention, the walls of the pipe vary. if you put a JG insert in flowplast pipe it will expand the pipe and be hard to push home, this will compramize the joint,

take no notice of these old diehard copper heads, the flux has fermented their brains over the years, plastic looks bueatifull running round skirting boaerds in undulating curves and twists,

7. tom25

tom25 New Member

thanks tom.plum, all ordered now thanks all for your help :)