French door euro cylinder

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Abby1238, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Abby1238

Abby1238 New Member

Hi people thanks to this site and reading i know to change the euro cylinder on my french doors ( i think we call it the slave ) i can drill a hole so i can see the screw or take off the extra bit of uvpc profile attatched to the door.
    I was opting for second one.
    My question.....after i take my five screws out holding the extra uvpc casing, does it just pull apart or do i slide it out upwards as i will have room.
    All help appreciated.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Could you upload a picture.

3. Abby1238

Abby1238 New Member

hi jitender, sorry no camera as my brother has taken on holiday and only a cheap mobile as my other is being replaced due to theft, thank you for trying to help [ sat sri akal ]
    I suppose I will try to pull apart, if I struggle will then slide the casing upwards to see if that's the way. im sure I will manage but was just wondering if anyone else had already
    done it. thank you all

4. Biffo

Biffo Member

just unscrew the locking stile it will come off easy . this will give you access to the cylinder screw

simples ok

5. Abby1238

Abby1238 New Member

Thank you biffo. I now needed one more question answering i only wanted to take off the plinth once and thats when im actually doing it. The side with the plinth on will that be the same size euro barrell? As the master one i can take out and measure. So will both euro cylinders likely to be the same size, just trying to save time taking plinth off and on just in case i encounter problems. I am the first to admit i am not the best in the world at diy.

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Sure to be the same.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. Abby1238

Abby1238 New Member

Thank you for all your replies and confirmations. I will now order the same size cylinders and hopefully take the plinth off and as when required. Thank you. I suppose it's thread closed!