FrostFree Fridge, working but warm

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by CyclerDan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. CyclerDan

CyclerDan New Member

Hi we've a Zanussi frost free fridge with a freezer at the bottom. It's about 7 year old, always worked fine until now. The problem is the fridge part is warm (12c on a medium setting) where as if I put it to it's coldest setting, it's 3c and full of frost at the top half of the frosting section, but no frost in the bottom part of the frosting section, (and this puts the freezer down to -26c). It's dust free etc at the back, no blockages in the frost drainage section. So the fridge does work, but very inefficiently at the moment. Any ideas?
    Thanks for tips and advice in advance.
    CD

2. Biochef

Biochef Member

Good morning dan, Your bottom freezer has a panel at back remove that and clear all the ice away because it's the fan from freezer that cools down your fridge
    So in essence your fridge should be pulling cold air from freezer

3. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Possibly a loss of gas (not all) this stops the circulation then you end up with a blob of ice at one end and not much happening at the other end

4. CyclerDan

CyclerDan New Member

Hi, thanks BioChef, there are two panels, one at the back (which doesn't seem to do much, i.e. when removed there is not parts behind it from what I can remember) and one at the top (which has certainly iced up in the passed, seems OK now though). It's the top panel which I have struggled/failed to remove before.

Flateric, the issue happened suddenly, i.e. cold one day, warm the next so that sounds like a possibility as well.
    thanks
    Dab

5. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Have you moved it recently? If so they need to stand for a good few hours. Could be oil from the compressor into the pipework in which case it's cheaper to get new than try and get it repaired.

Kind regards

BS

6. Biochef

Biochef Member

If you are struggling to get ice away you will have to defrost freezer to let the built up ice to melt

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Have you got an air flow behind the machine? Stuffy, warm and no air can affect them.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really