Granite setts

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Jools4968, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

Hi,

I have 110 sq meters of granite setts to take up from my drive, does anyone know where I can sell these and approx. what price I should be looking to get per sq. metre? They are 90 x 90 mm, 25 mm deep.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jools

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Where abouts are you? could you upload some pictures ;)
    e-bay would be good place to start.

3. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

Based near Manningtree, sure can upload some pictures later today. Thanks

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

as above, if they are the very old original sets you might be very very pleasantly surprised how much you'll get for them

5. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

No not that old, only had them laid appox. 6 years ago and they were new when laid.

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

cancel that cruise

7. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If they are what I think they are, then they are good for hardcore only I'm afraid.

But will wait for photos before totally condemning them.

9. Mblack

Mblack Member

Depending where you are they're about £1 each but they're 5" or 6" x 4" x 4"and about 150 years old..

10. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

Couple of photos uploaded.

Attached Files:

11. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

They actually look quite nice, why you taking them up???.

Anyhow back to value, I would stick them on EBay for collection only @ 20 pence each, discount for bulk buying, so at 100 x100mm = 100 no to the M2 = £20.00, but if buying 30M2 drop the price down to £17.00 M2. At that price it would still be just over £1800.00 for the amount you have, but a saving to the buyer of at least 70% on retail.

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

If you were near my end I would have brought a few square meters from you to do my front path.

13. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

Thanks Phil, EBay here I come.

Jitenda, yes shame you are not more local to me.

14. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

take some decent images of them, make them look as nice as they are - and describe them well and you'll get a fair price - what's going down in their place ?

15. Jools4968

Jools4968 New Member

Putting down something from the Marshalls Tegula driveset range or similar.

It is a shame to have to replace them however they were not laid correctly in the first place and every time a car goes over them they just all come up and I have to keep putting them back in place. I did consider having them re-laid however decided to go for something different.

Thanks everyone for the advice, much appreciated. Will let you know how I get on.