Granite worktops

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by PaulBlackpool, May 20, 2015.

1. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

If a mdf or chipboard worktop costs say £130 per 3 meters with upstand at say B & Q . Say £300 fitted, What would the equivalent top in granite cost fitted?

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I would say that there are to many different types of quality granite tops to be able to say, but would imagine anywhere between 600 / 1000.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  3. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Did you win the lotto Paul , and not tell us ? Lol.

4. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

No unfortunately ( I don't even do the lottery any more) but I was just passing a shop that did granite and I think I will just get a quote. It is a galley kitchen with a metre wide cooker filling the space at one end and the worktop runs are only 2 meters on one side and 3 metres on the other taking into account 2 full height cupboards 1 on either side. By then our washer ,tumble dryer and dish washer will have been moved into our new build utility room which is nearing completion (floor tiles ). One of the full height cupboards is for a combi boiler to replace our old one which is not the best and at present fits under the counter top but our heating guy says combis need more height. As I have not budgeted for a new boiler I might have to settle for chipboard counter tops LOL :rolleyes:
    Well see.:)

5. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Stick a Euromillions on 2moro mate , u never know your luck. Ps plan does sound good.

6. Ronald Edwards

Ronald Edwards New Member

If you are looking for some nice granite work tops at affordable prices then you must read omicron granite reviews. It will help you to decide which one to buy and from where to get it.

7. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

SPAM

Can you ask how much it costs to ship to the UK!!! o_O