Guide rails

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Tha real slim Davy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Tha real slim Davy

Tha real slim Davy New Member

does the dewalt DSC391 fit any of the dewal guide rails?

Davy

2. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

As far as I'm aware no, only the plunge saw will run on the guides, that and routers with the attachment.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The rails were designed for their range of dedicated plunge saws only, don't know if they have changed the design with later versions to used with other tools.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Because unlike Festool they didn't think it through first.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Or perhaps they did! ££££££££££££££££££££

6. Tha real slim Davy

Tha real slim Davy New Member

I've got a festool, was just about to purchase the dewalt for some rough site stuff, thought it would be handy if it fitted on a rail. I'll just make a ply one, with some rubber strips on the **** of it. Thanks guys.

7. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I use may Makita router on my Festool rail when finishing off a worktop end - sits just right and works fine as long as the cutter is not knackered and just skimming a few mm.

Tha real slim Davy likes this.
  8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have the Dewalt plunge saw and it runs on the Festool rails. But I believe the Festool will not run on the Dewalt rails.

I also have the 18v XR you are looking at and it will work fine on the rails. It doesn't clip on the rail like a plunge saw does but it will sit on the track up against the ridge and will work fine for trimming doors etc. The saw is a great great cordless saw and is really useful.

Hate your profile picture by the way. Makes you come across like a proper tool. Sorry to be blunt but I don't tend to mince my words. Maybe I am missing a joke or something.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Perhaps he's the worlds worst kennel plumber.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

You might be right there mate.

Tell you something if anyone called anyone of the fairer sex in my family a ***** they wouldn't be looking the wrong end of a supersoaker they would be looking at the wrong end of a framing nailer.