Had a tiny

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Mar 9, 2017.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Whilst I cannot stop them I hope that my three young adult sons don't have tats purely because I have held them and revelled in their perfection as newborns - why would you deface that?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  2. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

Brass

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Personal choice i guess

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Told my daughter i have no objection to her having tats when she is older

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

My two daughters have tattoos, the oldest has 7 of various sizes, the youngest is braver than me having this done.
    she started with the emoticons but soon realised they were terrible and had them covered.

tat9-crop-u2663.jpg

6. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Love the emoji - would look great coloured in.

No tats here but my daughter had a couple of small ones done and now has just got a largish rose on her inside forearm. Not what I would choose but she is old enough to lead her own way in life. Anyhow I shall have left this earth long before she looks like a silly old granny!!!

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

How do you keep so slim Phil!:D

8. Phil the Paver

I wish, I'm trying to Lose a bit of weight as it happens, was up to 16 stone 7lbs
    Back to 15 stone 2lbs at the mo but want to be mid 14s :D:D:D

9. Windywillow

Windywillow New Member

You're so picky :rolleyes: that's why I loved you :D

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

upload_2017-6-12_8-9-48.gif upload_2017-6-12_8-10-7.gif

11. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

What motivates people to have their bodies used as artists' canvas? My younger son said when he was 15 that he was going to have a tattoo. I said no way. At age 30 he said he was pleased he'd not had it done.
    I think people who have visible tattoos look awful, I'll never employ anyone with a visible tattoo.

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Peeps have died from having a tattoo done, they don't following instruction for keeping them dry,etc, then they get infected very easily, & many peeps don't recognise the signs of a infected tattoo until it's too late.

13. Phil the Paver

They would sue your **** off if you tried that.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Oh,, your grandfather clock died then?

btiw2 likes this.
  15. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I doubt he'd give that as the reason, and I also doubt anyone would go to the trouble of suing him and attempting to prove that was the reason.
    No, Harry's punishment will be missing out on all the talented and inked employees out there.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. Harry's true punishment is having to live with wot's in 'arry's mind.

17. I doubt it.

There are many big employers out there with a clear policy on tattoo's and appearance on customer facing positions.

If an employer decides appearance is important to its customer base, and acts fairly to all, there is no argument about it in law. Try TescoSainsAsdco if you dont believe me

18. Phil the Paver

It's not that simple, if a person wasn't hired because of tattoos, they would have a very good case for discrimination against them.

http://www.attwells.com/site/news-and-events/employment-discrimination-tattoos

Whist it's not law a good lawyer would win hands down.