HELP

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by lewys james, Jul 21, 2014.

1. lewys james

lewys james New Member

I've recently passed my level 2 in site carpentry but I left the company due to not agreeing with how I was treated as an apprentice ( i know you're meant to clean up and that stuff, which i did) but unfortunately I wasn't taught as well as I thought I should've been. Any tips on how I can gain more confidence and experience within the trade?

2. Oooooooh, we have to work with one side of a story... :(.

How to gain more confidence within the trade? Take it on the chin and latch yourself to one pro in that company who'll serve you well. There's surely bound to be at least one decent cove in there? You show that one person respect and enthusiasm and trustworthiness, and he'll do the same in return.

If that company is really devoid of anyone like that, then perhaps you are better off out of it. But - really - I suspect you were lucky to get an apprenticeship, so's it's a real shame you opted out.

(You really left just because you felt you weren't being taught properly? How long were you with them?)

3. (PS, at least your spels and grammer is good - looks like you were taught reasonably well at sckool :))

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

not a good move Lewys, i know its not much fun being at the bottom and taking all the stick and doing all the 'orrible jobs but being an apprentice is a trade off, you get to work close with tradesmen, watch,listen and learn the more helpful you are to the tradesmen the more they'll show you, nobodies going to give you things for nothing, Even if you were with the most unsharing selfish joiner in the world, you can still learn from him as what he does, he's not in a secret bubble, just to leave thinking you're getting a raw deal was a mistake it would have been better to stay and suffer for a while, getting another chance now is like asking for a miracle, :(