Hi what screws to install fitted Neff double oven?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Bbucket, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Bbucket

Bbucket New Member

Hi we have discovered our oven is not installed properly. Basically it is just sitting within a wooden cabinet without any fixings.

Can you please advise what screws to use to affix the oven?

It is a Neff double oven (the top oven is smaller and is a grill/oven).

Thanks for any help given.

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

I would give Neff a call - they may even pop them in the post for you ;)

If you are referring to the retaining screws (that just stop the oven sliding out when open the door) - they are usually just good quality screws.

3. Bbucket

Bbucket New Member

Thanks for the reply Fats, I called Neff before but they wanted me to totally remove the oven so I could tell them the serial number on the back of it(!), so I really just want to know the common size of screw used so I can give it a go. Any further advice appreciated. Thanks. Oven has been in situ for over 10 years before we realised it is not fixed properly (our house is a new build, and this is just yet another problem we have found over a period of time thanks to Wyatt Earp and the Buffalo Bill Builders Ltd.

4. FatHands

hiya,
    They are usually around 3.5/4 thread site mate and 35mm in length. I would drill a nice 1.5mm hole first and use a screwdriver and just nip them up.
    Something like this i would have thought.

5. Bbucket

Bbucket New Member

Fantastic! Thanks very much for your help mate, much appreciated.

Regards

Rob.

FatHands likes this.
  6. FatHands

no problem. ;)

7. snezza30

snezza30 Member

I would add that the screws that would/should have been supplied, would have been Black.....!!!!!

8. Bbucket

Bbucket New Member

Thanks for that Snezza30 I suppose I'll try and find some the correct colour, although my wife wants it sorted as a priority as she's convinced the oven is going to fall out (although it's been like it for over 10 years now). Many thanks to Bryant Homes for doing some real **** work in our new house!

9. As said above, pretty much any countersunk screws will do.

I don't suppose you have any 'dry wall' screws anywhere? Ie - the kind used to fix plasterboard. They'll do nicely.

(If you see a building site nearby, or a house undergoing renovation, just pop in and ask for 4 p'board screws. Jobbie jobbed)

And - no - the over won't fall out. Unless you really, really try...