Hob connected to the hood

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JSF, Jul 6, 2017.

1. JSF

JSF New Member

Hi there, I'm renewing my kitchen and I've found some companies (like AEG) that link the hood power with the induction hob, so you don't have to switch the hood on (goes automatically), the fan adapts to the speed according to the power in the hobs and then it switches off after some time after you have used it. The usual trick is they try to overcharge for it, but obviously this system I'm sure it is not mega complicated to "hack" and then be able to use the hob you want + something or the hood you like + something ... does anyone has any clue how does it work ... my idea is to get any combination of hood and hob and still make this function available. Thank you

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Er no. It is wireless RF connection. The technology is built into the overpriced hob & hood. I have fitted a few recently.

Or perhaps a universal remote could learn the codes being broadcast.

3. JSF

JSF New Member

Thank you ... so pay or die ... no need to get the son of my mate from uni who is an engineer to come home and do the work for 20 quid