How to adjust timer on tool station extractor.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Pablo-Handy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Pablo-Handy

Pablo-Handy Member

Need to set tool station basic 4" extractor fan run timer after light turned off.

I've lost the instructions and tool station provide no details.

Apparently I can remove a component or there's something I'm missing.

To make it run 15 minutes, as at present it hasn't stopped and when wired the other way it goes off with the light.

Humm...

Suggestions please. :)

Attached Files:

2. Pablo-Handy

Pablo-Handy Member

Aha! It's just stopped. Must be set to 20 mins. I'm fine with that, but be good to know how to adjust anyway. :)

3. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

If no instructions you may have a problem.
    But, most of these fans are very similar.
    Take the cover off and take a photo of the electrical timer board (where the wires connect). Post the photo on here, maybe someone can make a guess.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

As above, most of these basic fans are very similar
    Turn power off to fan and take off front cover (remember fan will have a permanant live so switch off via 3 pole isolator)

Take off front cover and locate circuit board. these are sometimes shielded by a cover as well
    On circuit board will be a small potentiometer that will control overrun time. Insert small screwdriver to turn, usually a + and - printed on the circuit board or the component itself

The potentiometer is one of these;

[​IMG]

5. Pablo-Handy

Pablo-Handy Member

Cool, yeah I saw that. When I first looked at the fan with the instructions I noticed that adjuster, but by the ambiguous instructions I thought it was something to do with the humidity. It's set 20mins at present, so will probably leave it at that. But thanks, now I know. :)