How to replace Tate alarm bell box. Help please

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Jamie Giles, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Jamie Giles

Jamie Giles New Member

Hello I am trying to replace an old tat alarm box with a new one. However I'm having a problem. The old connections where; Hold +, Hold -, Rtn, Trg, Stb. However the new connections are as follows; 0v, str, 12+, S-, tmpr, tmpf, flt, set+. I have connected the up as this

Hold+ to 12+
    Hold - to 0v
    Rtn to tmpr
    Trg to S-
    Stb to str
    And also liked 0v to tmpf as it says this in the instructions.

However I can now set the alarm but the strobe light is always flashing. Please help.

Many thanks
    Jamie

2. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

What make is your new alarm box?

3. Jamie Giles

Jamie Giles New Member

The bell box is Tate bought from screwfix. The instructions says risco on them.

4. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

so an old tate for a new tate alarm box?

5. Jamie Giles

Jamie Giles New Member

Yep. That's right

6. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

wow it is confusing, have u tried swapping the Stb wire to another connection? Cos this is ur strobe light wire. Does the manual tells u what those connection letters mean?

7. Jamie Giles

Jamie Giles New Member

I haven't tried swapping the connection as I know it is the strobe. The instructions says STR- negative trigger terminal for the strobe light. Power for the strobe is derived from the Ni-MH battery. Note:- STR connection is not required in Serial mode.

8. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

Cos been googling around for wiring diagram and all referring to ur old connections but on a few has seem yellow/blue (although colour of wires make no different) r all connected to tamper.

9. Jamie Giles

Jamie Giles New Member

I know what u mean. I'm going to ring technical support at weekend as they are only open till 5.30 and I dnt finish till late.

10. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

it easter weekend so ur best to ring them tomorrow or Tuesday next week :)

11. Jamie Giles

Jamie Giles New Member

Okay thanks for your help.

12. conlan

conlan Member

I fitted one of these to my alarm system when the old box (not tate) failed. Spent two nights up a ladder which was not helped by the previous persons attempt at messing around with the central control box in the house. Got a electrician out to look something else in the house at the time and he did not want the job of replacing the box. After two long nights up a ladder I realised why he did not fancy the job.