I NEED HELP GUYS!

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by plumber&tiler, Sep 23, 2008.

1. plumber&tiler

plumber&tiler New Member

I'm a plumber & tiler in the Northamptonshire area. Loads of experience and a good reputation. But there just aint NO work about. Can anybody help me with some work or point me in the right direction? Theres some bunce in it for anybody who helps!
    Cheers Guys

2. sammy toaster

sammy toaster New Member

why not tile your own bathroom and plumb in that new suite until something turns up? it might be the soles of your boots.

3. pixieface

pixieface New Member

Hello, if you're having problems finding work have you considered signing up online with a job site like Rated People? They'll be able to find you work in your area and they cover all sorts of different trades. My uncle who's a painter and decorator signed up and gets loads of leads a week. The website you need is www.ratedpeople.com.

Hope this helps!

4. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

Yeah, right. Nothing like a good old plug eh??

5. 4KCONSTRUCTION

4KCONSTRUCTION New Member

Here's a tip that works like gold and it's absolutely free apart from the price of a postage stamp.

Get your local yellow pages and write a polite and professional letter to every trade or builder that relies on your trade to get a job completed.

Explain your situation and list all of the benefits of why they could do with your time and help.

Why Do I Say This?

You would be amazed by the amount of builders who are crying out for other trades people to help out at short notice and end up using an agency or other because they have no one available.

This has been the case for my company and if I had a number of let's say a local tiler when I was let down by somebody else or one of my men wasn't available to do the job, I would have called that local tiler in a flash.

If anything, they will keep your name on file for when they need somebody.

The person that mentioned Rated People!

Sure you can get many leads from this site but alot of these leads are from customers who are only thinking about getting jobs done. And don't forget, you will have to pay for every single lead you acquire. The average cost of a lead is about £12 plus vat and don't forget, there is nothing to stop the customer choosing a different builder or tradesman from the Yellow pages or local newspaper!!! But you will still have to pay for the lead regardless.

All of this can really start to add up.

Try writing a few letters as soon as possible and see how you get on.

http://www.4kconstruction.co.uk
    http://www.4kconstruction.co.uk/blog

ProFast Plastering likes this.
  6. plumbers crack

plumbers crack New Member

7. demrece

demrece New Member

Hi , I am a gas engineer/plumber and I have a tradesman account with Rated People for last 2 years. I pay £40 per each 3 months + price for each lead. Last one year I did not buy any leads from them because I have enough job to do but continued to pay them £40 for each 3 months.
    Just now before Christmas 2013 I paid £51.20 for a lead 'combi boiler replacement'. They sent me contact details of the client. I contact the client and ask him for available day and time to visit the property, to check the system and be able to give him a quote. Client said that access is not possible at first . On second call by me , he told me that job is not more available ,because his council accept to do the job. I call back Rated People and ask my £51.20 for this lead to be given back as a credit. They told me that the amount can not be given back and they changed their policy since 10.12.2013 and there is not any more 'refund policy'. I can not describe to you my RAGE.My rating is full 5 stars. They just sell contact details of the client to 3 tradesman and finish.They got their money. Clients does not lose anything but we as a tradesman losing money.
    Rated People started to stealing our money. We pay and get NOTHING .

8. Get a website and do some SEO, its easy to do and if you rank high for your local search term eg, plumber london.. you will get loads of work

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  10. lol, doesnt matter, google loves it :)

11. Nice idea, thanks for sharing,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015