Ideal logic plus combi boiler 24k

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Lucky123, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Lucky123

Lucky123 New Member

Am a gas engineer mainly installs but now joining the breakdown part.
    I came across 2 ideal logic plus combi boilers with the pressure gauge niddle rattling and making noise. Both boilers a newly installed about 8months ago. And powerflushed.
    One of the boiler had a ideal engineer change the pressure gauge but problem still present.
    No air lock in the system I have bleed Al rads, has any of you guys come across this problem.
    And did you fix thanks a lot, positive answers pleas thank you all

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

I've had a couple like this but wasn't an issue. The 'niddle' (assume needle) in the pressure gauge fluctuated by a very small amount, but quite rapidly, almost like they were in sync with the pump. The gauge is well tucked away on these boilers, so out of sight and no noise to disturb anybody so I didn't worry about it. Seemed to settle down after a bit anyway.

If it is worrying you or your customers then get Ideal back - long warranties on these boilers so get them to fix it.

Positive answers - coming on here you'll be lucky! But you'll need to be working on your grammer, spelling, punctuation and sentence construction a lot (hope I haven't made any typos!) ;)

3. Lucky123

Lucky123 New Member

Thanks my Frnd English is not my fast language and grammar well am trying.
    Any way the rattling noise is the needle u can hear if you close to the boiler. Funny enough 2boilers I have come across having the same problem. All ideal logic plus combi
    Just telling a customer to leave it and it will fix its self won't look right my Frnd. The needle rattles fast there must be a cause or fault
    The pressure in the system does not rise over 2bars the most to indicate a blockage.
    I read some where on a forum on net that It might be a divert valve sitting motor
    I rang ideal for tech help they said a slight blockage in the system

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  4. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

My apologies Lucky, if English is not your first language you are doing fine - ignore me!
    Difficult one this - could be a blockage but unlikely. I always fit a magnaclean on the return but the pressure gauge is on the flow on the Ideals. Best insist on another service call and see what their Engineer thinks, tell them the customer is complaining about the noise it makes.
    Good luck, can you post back the outcome?

5. geoff123

geoff123 New Member

I know this is an old thread but the same thing happened on my Ideal boiler. It is a desing flaw and the pressure gauge has a very narrow bore to operate the needle. If you take the plastic cover of the guage and physically hold the needle, the rattling stops. There is no fault apart from a guage that is not fit for purpose. I have taken the plastic cover off my gauge and stuck blue tack on the one side of the needle to stop it rattling ! Hey presto nice quiet boiler.

6. geoff123

geoff123 New Member

EDIT..."design flaw".. and yes I know it would be best to change the guage. I am just pointing out the reason for the very, very annoying rattling/ticking noise.