Integrated Fridge Freezer Issue

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by nrico2006, May 5, 2015.

1. nrico2006

nrico2006 New Member

Hi,

I am having a few issues with my integrated fridge freezer. I am unsure of the make or model of the unit, the ID on the inside states that it is fi 9314/e, never been able to identify what this actually means. My issue is that there appears to be frost build up inside the fridge on the back wall, only at the top. There seems to be some kind of circular plate about the size of the imprint of a can of coke that is also frosted over. Also, for as long as I can remember ice builds up on a part of one of the little gullies to the drainage hole, the other side is fine. The drainage hole appears unblocked.

As mentioned, unsure if my fridge freezer is frost free or manual defrosting due to having no documentation to identify the unit.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Can't answer your problem.

But the numbers above are from a Siltel Fridge Freezer, these are an Italian made product.

3. nrico2006

nrico2006 New Member

Thanks for your response. I figured out they were Siltel but I was told that they made appliance for other companies and that its impossible to identify parts for them.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

5. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

If there is a frost build up then it won't be a frost free fridge! Get a straw or very thin piece of tubing and blow down the drain hole to ensure it is clear of debris sounds like it may be blocked as there is ice around the drainage channel. You may need a long handled bottle brush to clear out the drain if it is blocked. It only takes a small bit of stray food to block these.