Is this a Magna Clean Filter

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jenny105, Oct 3, 2016.

1. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

Can you tell me if this is a proper Magna Clean Filter please?[​IMG]

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No image.

3. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    hope theres an image now? ...don't know what I'm doing wrong with this?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

6. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

hopefully you can see it now:)

Attached Files:

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

It says Magna on it

8. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

Someone suggested it was a cheap copy

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Means nothing.:eek:

And THAT isn't a Magnaclean filter.

I've seen filters with Magna Clean name on them & they weren't geniune filters.:eek:

10. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

It does not look like an ADEY one, I would suspect it may be a copy, as they are Magnaclean, not Magna cleaner, typical import thing using a name similar to the known brands. Was it sold/installed as a Magnaclean or as a magnetic inline cleaner

http://www.adey.com/installers/filters/magnaclean-professional

11. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

Installed as a "Magna Clean Filter" plus they never power flushed but only put Ferex? in the system. Pipe in cupboard where boiler installed still some drips after a week. water takes 2.45 mins to heat but is only 40" from boiler and then rads start to heat even though CH is off!!!!! Nightmare! and £3325 out of pocket Also..........Had water leaking through Parador kitchen ceiling and light fittings 2 days after fitted

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Bad pratice fitting a new boiler to a dirty system, not a fan of powerflushing, rather put a does of Sentinel X800 or similar in system & let it run round for a week.

I think you have a good case to claim.

13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Almost certainly a copy ...

Does it work? Who installed it?

And a copy of the picture sent to Adey may not go amiss - they need to protect their quality products from "passing off".

14. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Looks like a copy. All the ones i have seen have Adey on them

15. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

I have lived in the cottage for 41 years and the system is that age the old boiler worked fine though the controls were knackered ..a floor standing beast it was over 30 years old but defo worked better than this!!!!
    would my credit card take up the claim?

16. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

17. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

Have sent a pic off to Adey just now

18. jenny105

jenny105 New Member

They removed the old floor standing boiler from the kitchen and replaced it with an Ideal Logic + 30w into the airing cupboard and fitted a flue through the roof and put one container of this Ferex stuff into system....well there was an empty container outside but I'm an OAP how do I know if it even went in!

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

£3k+ just for that?

20. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

If the installers are not supporting you in a reasonable way, then you may be able to do a chargeback on the credit card. Would suggest you go to Consumer Action Group and pop something onto one of their forums. I have found them very helpful in the past.

PS if the system is 40+ years old and all they did was fit a new boiler then I'm not sure that was the best option. Did they ever suggest a complete refit with new pipes & rad's?