Jet washer for Sewer

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Mike101, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Mike101

Mike101 New Member

Hi,
    I have a sewer that keeps blocking. I have a Kartcher Jet Washer with drain attachment but this isn't up to the job.
    Does anyone know what would do the job?
    I've asked a company who supply all sorts of machinery but got completely contradictory advice from someone saying I shouldn't buy a petrol one as its too powerful, then 2 minutes later said just get a drainage company out they have really powerful Jets!
    I have had it jetted by a professional company multiple times (which worked) I've had a CCTV survey to check for damage (there was none), It is a large building with 9 People living in it flushing all sorts.

2. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

First off...Stop 9 people flushing all sorts. Normally All Sorts will clear you out!!! LOL
    Second, I have a Karcher jet washer K5.800 and its more than capable. I clean out house drains yearly and flush through.

I think your problem is the 9 people. Put small bins in the bathrooms for UN flush-ables.

3. Mike101

Mike101 New Member

All female as well, so plenty of un flushables. Its impossible to police and they are all separate tenants so cant charge them to unblock.
    I might give my Karcher a go then if its worked for you, but I think I need something that can destroy a big blockages of wipes, feminine hygiene products and Fat.
    Any ideas what kind of Bar the commercial jets drainage companies use are?