Jo

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

As soon as I heard this I said it was another "care in the community" job.

When will people realise these nutters need locking up.

Or is it just a case of ££££s v innocent peoples lives? :mad:

2. These things will, sadly, always happen, Crows.

If things can happen, they will. Laws of probability and all that.

Sorry - I don't think 'locking up' all those potential loons is the answer.

(There would be few left on this forum for a start...:rolleyes:)

Hopefully some good will come out of this - perhaps people will be less cynical about their MPs and those in power? There will be fewer glib "They are all the same.", "They are only out for themselves" type sputterings.

Perhaps people will treat those who are doing these often thankless jobs with a bit more respect?

You only have to watch debates with MPs and the public audience - it's become almost the norm now to get emotional/aggressive when putting your point across, as tho' you 'care' more than 'they' do.

Even tho' society as a whole is becoming less violent, I do see a horrible cynicism setting in - this kind of strange feeling as tho' 'we' are 'deserving of more'. As tho' it's 'others' who are spoiling it for 'us'. As tho' everything will be soooo great of we give 'them in power' a good 'kicking'.

Horribly cynical.

3. It was -and continuous to be - an incredible emotional outburst in the wake of Cox's murder. It would not be like this for all MPs, even those in far more 'important' roles.

It seems similar to the reaction to John Smith's untimely death; it's very clear they are not 'all the same'.

Clearly the greatest loss is to her own family, but I fear we have all lost out in a significant way.

PaulBlackpool likes this.