Kennel floors

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Corkyjohn, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

I'd like to tile my kennel floors but it'll have to wait as its gonna cost too much. I am therefore looking for a paint to use as a stop gap. I appreciate I will have to seal the old concrete slab they are built on. I am looking something that won't start peeling off, that will last & look decent. I thought about epoxy floor paint but unsure if its suitable for exterior or ideal as the temperatures need to be specific to go off properly. Any ideas please? Thanks in advance

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Well if you tile, you need to use a epoxy grout, otherwise the p*** will soon disolved ordinary grout.
    I wouldn't tile it myself, a wet floor is a silppery floor with tiles, dogs might end injurying their selves.
    Ordinary floor paint I don't think would last, a resin, epoxy finish would be better.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  3. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

4. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

As said I can't afford tiles atm but these are what I'd buy

5. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Have laid them tiles myself.......they are a nightmare to keep clean, unless you intend to jet wash every few days.

If you used an epoxy floor paint, it would need to come up, if you intend to tile at a later date.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Rubber crumb floor paint is what they use in a lot of stables, catterys,etc.

7. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

Have a look here http://www.polycoteuk.com loads of different floor coatings for industrial use
    BTW you get what you pay for, as they say!!

8. Or mix silica sand with floor paint