kitchen tap size

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by franDIY, Sep 4, 2017.

1. franDIY

franDIY New Member

sorry, I attached a copy of the posts

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

There is a hole in your sink that the tap is fixed through. It's not unusual for a tap not to be central in that hole, it also makes no difference to the working of the tap. All i was saying was, don't go for a bigger base on any new tap for the simple reason that if your tap is central then the base will hit the raised drainer edge.

3. Ian B

Ian B New Member

Hi, how important is it that the diameter of the tap I'm replacing is exactly the same as the replacement. There seems to be quite a variation in the diameters available?

4. Ian B

Ian B New Member

Is the easiest way to get an accurate diameter of an existing tap to measure the hole/cover of the hole at the front of the sink which isn't being used?

just pumps likes this.
  5. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Kil-rock will clean that limescale away, and the sink all looks pretty standard, think you will be surprised at size of hole if you remove the old tap and you are worrying about nothing.

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

A Troll in the middle of the day......................well what do you know. Ohhhhhh, it's school holidays............................never mind our working day will pay for the next 60years of your life doing nothing :mad:

7. just pumps

Ouch!
    Nothing wrong with the suggestion as the manufacturer would make both holes the same size

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Don't be silly, you was replying to a 2 year old thread............................screams Troll, as usual.

9. just pumps

Old thread is a fair point lol