Kitchen Units - Fixing Kit?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by meowork, Jul 3, 2016.

1. meowork

meowork Member

Hi,
    I have some off the shelf kitchen wall cupboards we bought. There were no screws etc with it. So couple of questions please:-

1)
    What would be the best size screws and plugs to fix to internal block/brick walls?

2)
    Can a "Drill Bit, Plugs, Screws" kit be bought from a DIY shop rather than the individual items?

THANKYOU.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You need to fit these to the wall units. One pair per unit.

[​IMG]

The metal hanger brackets needs to be hung on the wall using screws and plugs.

FatHands likes this.
  3. meowork

meowork Member

Thanks for reply. YES we have those but theres no mention of what best drill, plugs screw size to use. The Units are each 1 metre wide. Would you be able to advise whats best for internal blockwork fixing. Thankyou...

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I used 6x50mm turbo coach screws, last time. Much better than the ones provide with the kitchen as they incorporate the fanged part.

Plugs

Drill = 8mm masonry bit.

5. meowork

meowork Member

So the 6x50mm turbo coach screws (as your link) need "UX8 4.5-6 X 50MM" plugs (as your link)?. So these are correct plugs for those screws?. I assume the "4.5-6" is the diameter?, but you mention using a 8mm masonry bit?. Sorry for the questions... Bit confused..

6. meowork

meowork Member

Forgot to mention the blocks are hollow and theres about 25-30mm thickness before going in to the hollow part. I assume those plugs will be ok as they will bunch up in the hollow part of the block as shows on the link picture you provided?

7. meowork

meowork Member

so screw number 6 (x50) uses 8 plug?.... That how it works?

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Specs says use an 8mm drill bit for the plugs.

9. meowork

meowork Member

Many thanks for advise Jitender... Sorry for delay. Will get some today. Appreciated

10. meowork

meowork Member

Not sure what size the hex head is as want to order a socket also from screwfix with my order. Any ideas. No got a ratchet set so would need to buy what ratchet? (just for this job so not too expensive please!)

11. meowork

meowork Member

Not sure what size the hex head is as want to order a socket also from screwfix with my order. Any ideas. No got a ratchet set so would need to buy what ratchet? (just for this job so not too expensive please!)

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I think its 10mm.

13. meowork

meowork Member

Just want to say so much thanks for all advise on this thread Jitener. Finally screwfix re stocked on the fischer plugs and worked great. Just need to find some simplu under cabinet led's now.