Kitchen worktop puzzle

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by nnat, Jul 25, 2015.

1. nnat

nnat New Member

Hi, I'm planning fitting new kitchen and need some advise on worktop - the layout attached. The inset sink goes to the very corner leaving only about 4cm gap between sink cutout and the wall.
    The max length of the worktop which can be delivered to the property is 2.6m (staircase restriction) and I'm after stone one. So my puzzle is where to put joint - I believe it cannot go under sink, but what about bridging? I've received quotation from one fabricator and they advised to put one joint in the middle of hob cut - is this ok at all?
    Any help please

Attached Files:

2. Are you thinking of 3 w'top pieces, or does it have to be 2?

3. nnat

nnat New Member

Hi Advocate, ideally I'd like two, but stability takes priority here, so if it has to be 3 then it has to be 3. What I also can do is to go for slightly bigger sink which would be fitted straight to the corner wall if it might help

4. One joint

Attached Files:

5. Max length of any piece is only 2.6m, tho'...?

I thought that with real granite/stone, cut-outs for sinks and hobs were actually made up from separate pieces bonded together making invisible joints? Ie, the front and back of the opening is made from thin strips.

If an installer reckons they can do a good joint under the hob, then cool - let them. If it fails, sue them...

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If it's granite you should be fine, get them to template, transport and install and as Devs said it's all their problem.