Large Porcelain tiles small thin hall

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by paweaz, May 8, 2015.

1. paweaz

paweaz New Member

Hi i'm starting a tiling job my first time argggg ...lol could any tilers give me some advice i've bought 600 by 600 mm large porcelain tiles for a great price,what i can't get my head around is i've read to start from the centre and tile out problem is the hall is 1.47m wide so do i lay two 600mm side by side and a smaller cut of 27mm along one side or do i lay two 600mm tiles and put two smaller cuts of 12.5 /12.6 along each side........

also what happens around door openings do i need to lay a bar or something prior to laying the tiles or do i just insert a cover after tiling......

any help would be great guys all eyes are upon me lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I quite like the tiles that are down already.

3. paweaz

paweaz New Member

lol aye if someone hadn't dug a godawful trench down the middle.....same all over the house....for the heating pipes i guess

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Once you have dug the old tiles out and bought some smaller new ones you should be fine. :):)

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  5. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Ping a line down the centre of the room.......and lay first tile central to that. (300mm each side of centre)

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I hope you have a decent tile cutter . I got a 900mm one. B& Q's own make for about £60 or £70.
    If your floor isn't completely level use a thicker coat of adhesive.

7. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

I'd be tempted to self level it first.

PaulBlackpool likes this.