Leaking condensate trap - Main Combi 24 HE

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jammy-Dodger, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Jammy-Dodger

Jammy-Dodger New Member

20150319_195709.jpg I've got a leak that appears to be from the condensate trap. I reseated and tightened the yellow nut and that didn't help.

Boiler is working fine otherwise. Seen loads of these traps on Ebay for £18, is it worth replacing it?

Boiler was turned off for several weeks, but this leak has appeared soon after we begun using it again.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Wont hurt to replace it, but before you do undo the yellow nut and there should be a black rubber washer slide it down and ensure its intact. If it persists in leaking then a wipe of Jet Blue compound usually works.
    If you replace the trap you won't get a new washer and nut with it youll have to order that separately.

3. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Some condense traps have an overflow or continuity cut out,
    Check overflow isn't blocked and check is connected to bottom of burner, Gas Safe engineers only can remove a boiler casing to a burner housing

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

gas safe operatives only may remove a boiler casing ;)
    can = is able to
    may = is allowed to

5. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Ok sure if it makes you happy

Forgive me if I don't rush to fetch my English literature revision books,

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ok we'll let you off this one time but, there's a standard we expect and try and maintain here, PB and myself are excluded as we don't read books but you young wippersnappers need to show a good example, :)

plumber-boy likes this.
  7. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

;)

8. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Yeap, we are trying to raise the standard of posts here even picking up on punctuation and grammar these days. It will be your English language books you'll be needing G&W, not literature....:)

9. Jammy-Dodger

Jammy-Dodger New Member

thanks for the replies. I've since whipped it out and cleaned out the grey gunk.

I've topped up the 1st compartment and re-installed back in the boiler, I'll see how it goes.