Leaking noise?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gadget123, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Gadget123

Gadget123 Member

A part under my sink replaced as it came apparat. It got replaced by a new part and it has now stopped leaking. Along the bottom pipe not the bit that was leaking there is a dripping sound like a leak but it's not wet but the pipe runs out under foam bits under the bath. The drains are a tad blocked up so I was going use some drain cleaner anyway. Could the sound be inside the pipe or is that not possible?

It doesn't do it all the time though someone on another forum said another pipe could have came lose? The bath panel is joined into the toilet and has foam underneath so there's little space to see.

2. Gadget123

Gadget123 Member

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Does it only do it with the hot tap running, because it sounds like joint expansion to me?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Gadget123

Gadget123 Member

It does it with both taps but what's strange is when the shower is running I can run the taps all day long and there's no sound like in the video. Also it doesn't always do it most of the time I hear it and when i do its when the tap is running about a minute or more.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ok. Does your cold water tap water come from the tank in the loft?

It could be an airlock(creating pipe-bang). If your shower comes from the mains pipe that also supplies your tank, that would explain why the sound isn't there with the shower running, and would also explain the delayed sound(tank hasn't started to refill yet).

Do you have an isolator valve near the shower in the pipework?

If you turn that off, do the sink tap pipes still make a noise?

In just doing that(if it is a lock) reopening the isolator may even clear the airlock!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. Gadget123

Gadget123 Member

In one of the photos it shows a valve which can be turned is it that pipe? The boiler is an old back boiler that's in the living room. It's a flat so nothing in the loft. I'm on the bottom floor.

It's strange as it never done it before i believe it was the coupler which was replaced it was on upside down at first still leaked so got put round the right way since then it's made the particular noise.

The pipe work in question only seems to run from the sink to the waste pipe which goes under the bath maybe floor boards and then outside there's an overflow pipe. It's definitely that area making the noise.

7. Gadget123

Gadget123 Member

Should I try turning this round then will it make any odds?

Attached Files:

8. Gadget123

Gadget123 Member

Update the pipe has some leaking water and soap and the bath water is coming up any ideas?