lets have a gardening chat,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Jul 8, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

FatHands likes this.
  2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You must have green fingers Tom or is that just from copper pipe and flux.:)
    Keep the vids coming they always bring me a smile,nice to see people enjoying life and what they get from it.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Tom, your like everybody's favourite grandad, keep up the good work. :)

By the way, you even sound like Fred Dibnah :p

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

green fingers naaaaa, its only these passed few years that I've took up gardening due to work not being as plentyful as it used to be, but hey since I've slowed down I've began to look about and notice the everyday stuff that you don't when you're running about like a looney, So summer days are spent in my garden and shed having fun playing geetars and planning my next excuse when the phone rings :):)

Biffo likes this.
  5. plumberboy

;);)

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Slugs don't like copper if you have any bits lying around place them strategically around pots and beds to repel any.

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

does't work jitender, i've tried egg shells, gravel ( the greenhouse is built on gravel) salt in the soil, those bands round the pots, copper pipe,
    beer traps work and pellets, but i don't like to use pellets because if somthing eats the slug after, say a bird or hedgehog, it kills them too, so i use them sparingly when the plants are little, but when the plants are mature the slugs/snails can have a nibble and not kill the plant,

8. plumberboy

I know a few people that use beer traps,was never sure if they really worked.

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

beer traps work great, BUT, its my beer they're drinking, i don't mind buying my friends a beer anytime, but SLUGS ?
    NOOOOooooo, :mad:

10. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

thats a unique idea Tom what you have done as a feature with the buckets and pipe!

Any tips on the best location for a green house in the garden?

11. plumberboy

Is this the beer out of the tomorrow fridge Tom.:)

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yes PB, but they pay with their lives, :)

fats a greenhouse is best placed where it gets sun for most of the day, I'm lucky in that respect my back garden is south facing so it gets that, they don't work too well in shaded areas,

FatHands likes this.
  13. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

cheers Tom, lucky you, my garden is NE 60 degrees :(