Long Duration Camcorder for Building Development

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Jitender, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Anyone know what is the name or where I can source a camcorder to record for long duration?

when I visited the Housebuilding and Renovation Show at the NEC in April there was stall selling these cameras, they were able to record a whole project in a compact form.

There is a big construction outside my mums place, so would like to record it.

2. PhilB

PhilB New Member

It may be a 'time lapse' camera you are after.

These take a series of pictures at set intervals which can then be stiched together. Not a video as such, but I have used it successfully for recording projects and jobs.

Phil

FatHands likes this.
  3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Hi thanks for the reply, I kept the show guide and have located the company involve it is Brinno who were exhibiting on the day.

FatHands likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

CCTV can be set up for time lapse recording, you can get cheap DVR (digital video recorder) & one or two colour camera's records to a hard drive, depending on hard drive size, you can easily record 960 hours of very good quailty.

FatHands likes this.
  5. Both are realistic options.

A time lapse even if it took one photo every 15 mins it would use less memory than a constant video.
    If its a long project 30-60mins interval is quite enough for a good time lapse.

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They have started knocking down the old building today, which was a day center for people with special needs :( the planned development is to complete in summer 2016.

7. Owain

Owain Member