Looking for a reduced height shower door

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jimwillsher, Sep 30, 2014.

1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Hi all

Does anyone know if you can buy reduced-height shower doors? The shower in our house was cobbled together by the previous owners and we want to fit a new shower door, but the shower is in a corner where there's a coombed ceiling. With the current tray, which is about 240mm high, the highest door we could fit is around 1650mm; every door I can find is 1830mm or 1850mm.

Even if I switched to a low-profile tray I'd still be short of space.

Many thanks

Jim

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Can you not get a frameless one and have it cut down by a glazier ?

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The glass on a shower screen will be toughened.

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Good point! What about getting one made at a Glazier then?

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

7. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Many thanks folks. I'd looked on ebay but couldn't find anything for a sensible price. Boat shower - I like your thinking :)

I think we may need to have a rethink. We have the option of moving the bathroom door 6 inches to the right, and that would allow the shower door to extend to where the dormer is, e.g. full height ceiling. Messy, but it would then also give us the option of a slightly bigger shower tray too as we could extend into the room a little. Time for some accurate measuring again...

Cheers

Jim

8. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

We've decided to move the bathroom door about 200mm to the left. That will allow us to fit a longer shower tray and bring the shower door out into the room a bit so that it opens into the dormer area rather than being in the coomb. That means a lot more work than planned, but we gain a bigger shower and can use a normal door.

Picture, should anyone be remotely interested :)

Many thank folks

Jim

Attached Files:

• SF.jpg
      SF.jpg
      File size:
      236.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Happy_to_help

Happy_to_help New Member

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select