Looks like Ebay Scam or Genuine?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by wau5, Dec 11, 2016.

1. wau5

wau5 Active Member

I was after a new impact driver, saw some seller selling the model really cheap and has sold like 46 of them in past few days..he has all positive feedbacks etc..
    However..he got some weird shipping terms as in it states its shipped outside from UK and the estimated arrival date is like after a month even tho the seller is clearly in UK, have sent him a message to which I got no reply.. So was just wondering does this looks like a scam? Also he hasn't sold anything in a long time,so just wondering maybe some hacked account and hes just buying time with the long shipping terms to cash out all the paypal taken from all buyers and do a fast one? However.. than again it's only a £55 driver that he sells for £35 and that's the only thing he sells.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makita-DT...890331?hash=item237895105b:g:acQAAOSwa~BYR33B

2. Why risk it for a maximum saving of £20? Any carriage involved?

What happens if you have a warranty claim, assuming it actually arrives?

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I would say its a hacked account, look at the account history, its hasn't had any feedbacks in the last year.
    The feedback it has from back then doesn't relate to items of this sort at all.
    This look like a typical pre Christmas sell lots of item cheap with extended delivery dates, then take the money and run.
    Don't risk it.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. wau5

wau5 Active Member

yeah its not even worth it :D but how can now 48people be so crazy or brave enough to buy it..
    end well...this will not :D

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Because the feedback could also be from dodgy accounts!

KIAB likes this.
  7. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Just had a look and the listing has now been removed anyway!

Regards,
    Cando

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Did report it yesterday.:eek:

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Spoil sport I was going to buy one.

10. wau5

wau5 Active Member

:D however at least 55+ people bought it at £35 , close to £2k from suckers at just £35 a pop
    damn...