Low pressure from unvented HW system

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DIY-er2015, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DIY-er2015

DIY-er2015 New Member

Hello forum,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

I had a new kitchen fitted and since then one of the upstairs rooms have really poor (a dribble) hot water pressure...the pressure was fine before.

The pressure is fine in the new kitchen and all the other taps.

The system is unvented with a cylinder and a pressure release vessel above it.

I am guessing the kitchen fitter has forgotten to open an isolation valve somewhere or stop cock or something that feeds the upstairs room...but this is just a guess...so I was hoping someone on here might know of a typical cause of this symptom when some new plumbing has been done on an unvented HW system.

Thanks in advance and any advice is hugely appreciated!

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Assume that the dribble you are getting eventually becomes hot water. Most likely as you say is an iso valve not turned back on. But could be a kinked pipe or crud and debris been allowed into the pipework and it has lodged somewhere in your pipe feed to this other tap.

Best give them a call and ask them back. But kitchen fitters aren't usually plumbers (they are carpenters who use speedfit) so they may not know what to do with your unvented system if sorting this out proves tricky. And before all the kitchen fitters kick off, would I fit a kitchen? No, I'd get my carpenter to do it, he would make a far better job!

Dave does Gas likes this.