Missing dpc

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Barton, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Barton

Barton Member

i have just had an idiot builder lay a small concrete slab (4' x 4') for an outside WC but he forgot to put in a membrane. He said he could come back and paint on a dpc but I don't have the overall height to lay a screed on top of that dpc. I was hoping for a product that could be applied and painted over for usable floor but I suspect there isn't one. Could I lay quarry tiles directly over the concrete without a dpc and hope for the best or does anyone know of a product I can use to negate the installation of tiles altogether. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If the slab is so small, if be incline to get the "idiot builder" to come back and take it up a do it again.

But if that's not an option then subject to the ground it sitting on, ie: is it normally dry, then it may be ok, there are many thousands of house's around the country without any form of DPM and are still dry.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

This slab, is it ground level, or raised above ground, and what is it finally laid on ?

It is not outside the realms of possibility with the right tools/machinery, to lift it, membrane and replace it!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

An outside WC? Is that still a thing?

5. Phil the Paver

Is it not the only thing up there. :D:D

6. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

If only.
    We're still lobbing it out the window shouting 'gardyloo' :(

Phil the Paver likes this.
  7. Phil the Paver

You know what, Miss P is right about you, as funny a ****.