Missing undocumented drill bit for TTB279SDS

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by ToolbeltDandy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ToolbeltDandy

ToolbeltDandy New Member

I have the Titan TTB279SDS SDS rotary hammer still set which I bought from Screwfix some time ago. I may have lost one of the drill bits but I can't figure out which one. Comparing what I have to the list in the instructions available online it looks like I have everything but I have the space seen in the photo above in the moulded case. Is it possible this slot was always vacant in this model/set?

[​IMG]

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Do you have some sort of life you can go back to?

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Not sure on model number but looks like I've got the exact same drill and supplied kit

Just trying to finish my days worth of diy jobs around the house then I will take a look at mine

Don't worry about chips comment, if the red wine has run low, he's often grumpy :mad:

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

No shortage but if he's had it a while and only just noticed then it's not a major problem is it. From the look of it only the chisels have ever been used. :p

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It's a silver coloured 9mm masonry bit. ☺

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So what would that be used for :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Phil the Paver

Drilling an 11mm hole. :D

chippie244 likes this.
  8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I pretty much just use a 6mm bit nowadays, red plugs and thunderbolts although I did need a 300mm x 50mm auger to stick a scaff bar into a tree trunk recently.

9. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Them thunderbolts are bloody brill ain't they Chippie ? :)

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

gamechanger :)

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Used Thunderbolts to fix wallplate for 80cm sat dish to the wall,some months ago, rock solid.:)

12. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Think your looking at size upside down Phil - it's a 6 in my case (9 wouldn't fit in the slot) :)

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The one size you need and he's lost it :oops:

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have the same item. When I got it, I contacted Screwfix customer support and the slot is left intentionally empty and no bit was ever supplied for it. If you check the instructions and paper sleeve all the items are accounted for.

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

But mine doesn't look as pristine as this one now .......

16. Phil the Paver

I can see what the OP has done now, he has used the bit that normally sit in the slot he's highlighted and put it back into what is an empty slot on the left.

$_35.JPG

DIY DAVE, yes your right it's a 6mm. :oops: :oops: :oops:

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's a 2 bob bit from a piece of **** kit o_Oo_O

18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

This Titan item is surprisingly good. I ended up getting one when I needed another to go with my Makita one. So far it has worked well with core bits, demolition work and quite a bit of drilling. I know its not gong to last as long as my Makita one but for £59 - £79 you live with that expectation.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I have a similar cheap SDS but if I lost a bit from it I wouldn't find a forum to go on to whinge about it. I would just buy another bit, Jeez.

20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Quite right. On a £59 set to have the all the accessories which actual so their job is a luxury and even on Screwfix a bit is £1.69 not worth the time to complain.

PaulBlackpool likes this.