Mock Tudor black paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by dancuprar, Nov 17, 2015.

1. dancuprar

dancuprar New Member

Just wondered what the best paint would be to protect external mock Tudor cladding would be.

I am replacing the whole lot with new treated rough sawn timber.

Cheers

Dan

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. The liquid version. Usually supplied in a tin.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Let the treated timber weather over the winter otherwise the paint applied to it will not adhere then use BEDEC BARN PAINT in satin black.

4. dancuprar

dancuprar New Member

Thanks astramax

Yep the plan was to measure up and Order the wood early in the new year and leave in the garage to dry out for 2-3 months before painting and fixing it up in the spring time.

I will take a look at that paint I was after a satin/Matt look as opposed to a glosss.

Any idea how long before this stuff would need a re coat.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's a 5 year paint, does not peel crack or flake due to having flexible properties within the paint, the paint is made to erode rather than degrade, covers exceptionally well is water based and does what it says on the tin. Used this paint for a mock tudor house myself 8 years ago on a seafront property and it still looks very good. Being water based the satin finish is towards a matt rather than a gloss. Google the product, I believe you can get free samples.

6. dancuprar

dancuprar New Member

I've had a look. It looks just the job. That multi surface paint looks to good to be true as well. Might give that a go on my fibreglass garage door.

What paint would you recommend for the render?

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

8. dancuprar

dancuprar New Member

That's what I had planned to use. Glad you agree.

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Dulux Weathershield Trade Smooth would be my recommendation simply down to quality over price.

10. dancuprar

dancuprar New Member

I don't mind paying extra for a better job